Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform*.
- Professor Harriet DEACON, Consultant, intangible heritage and intellectual property law, Coventry University
- Professor Tuomas MATILLA, Doctoral Fellow in the University of Helsinki
- Alexander PARRA PEÑA, Project Coordinator – Implementation of IP Rights in handicrafts in Colombia (Artesanías de Colombia)
- Professor Benedetta UBERTAZZI, Full Tenured Aggregate Professor of European Union Law, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicoca.
In a post-crisis environment, re-imagining IP may mean better understanding and further enhancing its role for society in supporting the safeguard, protection, and promotion of intangible cultural heritage. How may both the economic function of IP and its social function support intangible cultural heritages preservation and valorization? Will the complex period of economic recovery leave more space to it than in the past? Can multilateral treaties be developed or expanded in this respect? Which relation is to be developed between Intangible Cultural Heritage and IP in a sustainable development and indigenous people-oriented perspective? Speakers from various continents, with a variety of opinions will provide a worldwide picture of the future of Intangible Cultural Heritage and IP in a profoundly transformed world.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 5.00 to 6.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com.
* Check registration conditions.
- Manuel DESANTES REAL, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu. Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY QUINTANA, Abogado y profesor. Socio de Elzaburu SLP, Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Member of FIDEs Academic Council