Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform*.
- Pedro DE MIGUEL ASENSIO, Private international law professor at the Complutense University of Madrid. Council at Allen & Overy.
- Professor Toshiyuki KONO, Professor of Law and Executive Vice-President at Kyushu University (Japan)
- Professor Axel METZGER, Professor of Civil and Intellectual Property Law at Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
- Professor Marketa TRIMBLE, Samuel S. Lionel Professor of Intellectual Property Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (US)
Intellectual Property controversies and disputes become more and more cross border in the context of the IV Industrial Revolution and the enforcement of IP rights in this global environment raises new and complex challenges to the traditional models of solving conflicts through national courts. Issues like the rules for adjudication of international disputes (jurisdiction), the applicable law and the cross-border recognition and enforcement of judgments involving IP claims still differ widely from country to country, fostering therefore the development of an environment deprived of legal certainty which severely affects the enforcement of IP rights all over the world. Consequently, the adoption of model provisions on the private international law aspects of IP which could be used as guiding for national and international legislation has become an urgent matter. This 15 Encounter will discuss the main lines of the 13 December 2020 Kyoto Guidelines drafted by a group of 36 renowned scholars from 19 jurisdictions under the auspices of the International Law Association, where we will have the pleasure to have among the speakers and moderator the Chair and the Co-Rapporteurs of the Group.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 4.00 to 5.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com.
* Check registration conditions.Directors:
- Manuel DESANTES REAL, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu. Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY QUINTANA, Partner at Elzaburu SLP, Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Member of FIDEs Academic Council