Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform*.
- Malcolm BAIN, Partner at Across Legal
- Caroline BERUBE, Managing Partner of HJM Asia Law
- Joe SEKHON, Senior Lecturer in IP Law at the University of Portsmouth
During, and further to the COVID Crisis, digital business, and access to digital information increased exponentially. The protection of Internet Domain Names became more and more important for business operators, and also for Organizations highly visible on the net, i.e. for society in general. The value of Domain Names thus increased exponentially, exposing them, and the IP assets they relate to, to cyberattacks, cybersquatting and cyber-grabbing. How is /can IP Protection be currently further enhanced? What kind of consensus may exist in various parts of the world and in international fora for such an enhancement? For this Session of our Global Digital Encounters, Speakers from Europe, Asia, and North America with a variety of opinions will provide a worldwide picture of the future of IP protection connected to Domain Names, and for re-imagining IP in this area in favor of both business and consumers/society.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 11.00 to 12.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com.
* Check registration conditions.
- Manuel DESANTES REAL, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu. Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY QUINTANA, Partner at Elzaburu SLP, Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Member of FIDEs Academic Council