Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform*.
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY QUINTANA, Partner at Elzaburu SLP, Fide Academic Advisor
- Prof. Giuseppe MAZZIOTTI, Professor of Intellectual Property Law at Trinity College Dublin
- Prof. Giuseppina D’AGOSTINO, Professor of Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto
Fide and TIPSA (Transatlantic Intellectual Property Academy) present the 19th Global Digital Encounter in which we’ll gather with IP experts from Spain, Ireland and Canada to discuss the relevant topic that’s Artificial Intelligence and the Audiovisual World
During, and further to the COVID Crisis, the role of Artificial Intelligence became even more central for the Audiovisual World. Its massive use in this key economic sector brings legal consequences, for IP in general, and in particular in the field of Copyright and Neighboring Rights. New business models bring ethical, practical, and economic considerations relating to AI input that are of major importance both for the audiovisual world and for the public. with unprecedented legal challenges. Which meanings might be expected from this evolution/revolution? Speakers from Europe and North America will provide a worldwide picture of the future of Artificial Intelligence in the Audiovisual World, including on re-imagining IP in this area in favor of both business and consumers/society.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 5.00 to 6.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com.
* Check registration conditions.
- Manuel DESANTES REAL, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu. Fide Academic Advisor
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Fide Academic Advisor
- miércoles 08 de septiembre, 2021 Global Digital Encounter 15: Towards a more predictable legal framework for cross-border intellectual property disputes: the ILA-Kyoto Guidelines
- jueves 20 de enero, 2022 Global Digital Encounter 18: IP and Videogames
- miércoles 11 de mayo, 2022 Global Digital Encounter 20: Standard Essential Patents
- miércoles 29 de junio, 2022 Global Digital Encounters 21: The Metaverse as a Challenge to Classical IP