Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform.
- Christophe Geiger, Professor of Law and Director of the Research Department of the Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI), University of Strasbourg
- Daniel Gervais, Milton R. Underwood Chair in Law , Professor of French Director, Vanderbilt Intellectual Property Program
- Ulrika Wennersten, Researcher and teacher in Intellectual Property Law and Market Law, Lund University
Further to the COVID Crisis, Artificial Intelligence and Data are becoming central to the development of mankind, as they are interacting massively with numerous sectors of human activity and creativity. This is necessarily leading to a Revolution of Copyright, that would be connected to ethical, practical, and economic considerations relating to AI input, AI output, data mining issues, etc. Mankind, and thus Legislators, are therefore facing unprecedented complex challenges. Which meanings might be expected from this evolution /revolution? Will the US and EU approach further evolve? Would there be space for diverse scenarios, such as further international harmonization? Speakers from Europe and North America will provide a worldwide picture of this pre-revolution legal environment under a deeply transformed post-crisis world and elaborate on possible future scenarios.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line.
Schedule: The session will be held from 5.00 to 6.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.Directors:
- Manuel Desantes Real, Catedrático de Derecho Internacional Privado de la Universidad de Alicante. Member of FIDE’s Academic Council
- Javier Fernández-Lasquetty Quintana, Abogado y profesor. Socio de Elzaburu SLP, Member of FIDE’s Academic Council
- Laurent Manderieux, Profesor de Derecho de propiedad intelectual de la Universidad L. Bocconi de Milán, Italia, Member of FIDE’s Academic Council