Fide holds this session via the online platform Microsoft Teams. In order to attend it is essential to request your assistance through the AreaFide platform*.
- Dominique GUELLEC, Scientific Advisor at the Observatory of Science and Technology, Paris
- Professor Guido NOTO LA DIEGA, Associate Professor of IP Law and Privacy Law at the University of Stirling
- Aurelio LOPEZ-TARRUELLA MARTÍNEZ, Associate Professor of Private International Law at the University of Alicante
In a post-crisis environment, re-imagining IP may mean better understanding how IP can and shall be a tool in the new data economy, in particular in science, business, and education connected to data economy: how can patents (and scientific publications) be used as a source of data for monitoring developments in technology, using AI-based methods (natural language processing), how decisions can be at the crossroads of intellectual property, data protection, and freedom of information, how the text and data mining exception might or might not be a lost opportunity to boost European companies competitiveness in AI? Speakers from various horizons, with key research backgrounds and a variety of opinions, will provide a worldwide picture of the future of the Data Economy and its intrinsical link with IP.
Methodology: The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 5.00 to 6.00 pm using the online platform Microsoft Teams.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com.
* Check registration conditions.
- Manuel DESANTES REAL, Professor of Private International Law, University of Alicante. Of Counsel, Elzaburu. Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Javier FERNÁNDEZ-LASQUETTY QUINTANA, Abogado y profesor. Socio de Elzaburu SLP, Member of FIDEs Academic Council
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Adjunct Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Member of FIDEs Academic Council