Fide holds this session online via the online platform Microsoft Teams and on-site at Colegio Notarial de Cataluña, Barcelona. In order to attend it is essential to be registered in the AreaFide platform and request your assistance to the session*.
- Juan Ramón Caridad, Member of Fide’s Board. Managing Director at GAM
- Andrés GUADAMUZ, Senior Lecturer in Intellectual Property Law at the University of Sussex
- Paolo LANTERI, Legal Counsellor, WIPO¿Representative
- Dr. Michaela MACDONALD, Lecturer at the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London
- Laurent MANDERIEUX, Professor of Intellectual Property Law and International and European Law, Member of the Directorate Board, Bocconi University. Fide Academic Advisor
Intellectual property could be considered a crucial aspect to address when it comes to the Metaverse. The mere fact that Metaverses mainly take place online, allows us to associate it to, inter alia, social networks and video games. Nonetheless, a multifaceted Metaverse brings the industry with a plethora of legal issues to all, Metaverse developers, adopters and end-users. Intellectual Property licenses for brands, User Generated Content or the protection of copyrighted elements such as avatars or skins will be key in order to properly and regulate different aspects for the Metaverse to grow in a sustainable manner.
Methodology: This session will be carried out in english. The dynamic of the session will respect the usual rules of Fide and the participation and interaction of the speakers and attendees as well, making only the changes required for its celebration on line. All sessions organized at Fide are convened under the Chatham House Rule, participants have the right to use the information they receive, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of any other participant may be revealed.
Schedule: The session will be held from 9.00 to 11.00 am on-site at Barcelona, and from 9.30 to 11.00 am using the online platform Microsoft Teams. Prior the meeting, a breakfast will be served between 9:00 to 9:30 am.
The time shown is adjusted to the time zone of Peninsular Spain (Balearic Islands included). To check your time zone difference, please visit this link: www.timeanddate.com
Location: Colegio Notarial de Calatuña (Carrer del Notariat, 4), Barcelona
* Check registration conditions.
SESIÓN: RETOS ACTUALES DE PRIVACIDAD EN EL METAVERSO (PRESENCIAL BARCELONA Y ONLINE)
- Ricard Martínez Martínez
- Alejandro Padín